Before selecting a shipping box or package type for your shipment you will need to evaluate your shipping box and packaging requirements as well as the user experience you would like your customer to have.
Below is a brief list of questions which can help evaluate what package type will be best for your shipments.
- How durable is the product?
- How much packing material will be needed?
- What is the size of the product? Is the size variable or will multiple products be shipped together?
- Which carrier would you like the package to be shipped through?
- How secure do the materials need to be?
You will also need to think about the users experience.
- Would you like you logo printed on the box? Alternatively you can apply a branded sticker or branded tape?
- Would you like the box to be colored or would you prefer a kraft or white box?
- Would you like a clean appearance without much tape?
- Are you looking for a unique appearance?
- Would you like the box to be easy to open or would you prefer a more secure packaging?
Selecting the correct packaging will effect your shipping costs and will also have a large impact on how your client perceives your brand and product. Many times outer shipping packaging is overlooked, when this is often times the first impression your client will have of your product. Selecting the correct packaging will help ensure your product arrives unbroken and at the best shipping rates, and can also help create a great first impression.
Often times the more intricate the packaging the more expensive, but there are often creative options which can make you package standout while reducing shipping and packaging costs. Sometimes boxes are not even the best options and other packages will work better to meet your needs.