EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) is the USPS' program to allow small businesses to easily mail direct mail campaigns to consumers and businesses around their locations. The USPS offers resources to help walk businesses through the steps as to how to send an EDDM mail campaign. Yet, it is much simpler and often more cost effective to conduct these campaigns by using a mail house or mailing agent.
- Mail houses can get lower postage rates even for EDDM
- Mail houses can mail more than 5,000 pieces at a time
- Mail houses can deliver the mail to a number of different post offices and are not required to deliver the mailing to the specific local post office
- Mail houses can print and prepare the EDDM mailing at the same time saving time and money
- Mailing agents understand the USPS rules and regulations and can help you avoid pitfalls and navigate the system with ease
- Mailing agents can also offer alternative options to send more targeted mailings to save money on postage and printing
There are many advantages to use a direct mail house for your EDDM mailings, as they will likely save you enough money to cover their services. They will also save you valuable time, so that you do not have to navigate the USPS rules and regulations and deliver the mailing to the local post offices so you can focus your time on more important matters.